Non-Resident Tuition Waivers
A limited number of non-resident tuition waivers are available for graduate students. The waiver is defined as a reduction in tuition fees for non-resdient students to the resident rate. The waivers provide financial support for highly qualified applicants from outside the State of California. Application for waivers should be completed through the Interfolio website. The criteria that should be adressed in the application includes:
- Scholastic achievement including GPA, standardized tests such as GRE, GMAT, etc., and honors/awards (only students with at least a 3.0 GPA overall will be considered).
- Significant accomplishments such as research or work experience.
- Contribution the student would make to the program (e.g., bring ethnic, gender, geographical diversity, or unique background and skills).
- Significance of the waiver in the student's decision to enroll: e.g., financial need, personal circumstances, competitive offers.
Tuition waivers will normally be for three consecutive quarters, beginning with the first term of enrollment. The waivers are for graduate students enrolled in state supported graduate programs ONLY, not self-support graduate programs. Recipients must be engaged in full-time studies toward their degree, which means enrollment in a minimum of 8 units per quarter. Applications must be submitted by April 1st* for awards to be available toward the following academic year.
* Applications will open January 2, 2018 for the 2018-2019 academic year and close April 1, 2018.
Questions may be addressed to the Graduate Education Office (52-E47) or call (805) 756-2328.Back to top