Resident Tuition Waivers
A limited number of resident tuition waivers are available for graduate students who are legal residents of the State of California. The waiver applies to State Tuition only and does not cover University fees. Application for waivers should be completed through the Interfolio link provided below. The waivers are for graduate students enrolled in state supported graduate programs only, not for self-support graduate programs. The criteria that should be addressed in the application include:
- Scholastic achievement including GPA, standardized test such as GRE, GMAT, etc., and honors/awards (only students with at least a 3.0 GPA overall will be considered).
- Significant accomplishments such as research or work experience.
- Contribution the student would make to the program (e.g., bring ethnic, gender, geographical diversity, or unique background and skills).
- Significance of the waiver in the student's decision to enroll: e.g., financial need, personal circumstances, competitive offers.
Tuition waivers will normally be for three consecutive quarters, beginning with the first term of enrollment. Recipients must be engaged in full-time studies toward their degree, which means enrollment in a minimum of 8 units per quarter. Recipients of CA State University Grants (SUG) are not eligible for a Tuition Waiver. Applications must be submitted by April 1st * for awards to be available toward the following academic year.
* Applications will open January 2, 2018 for the 2018-2019 academic year and close April 1, 2018.Coming Soon
Questions may be addressed to the Graduate Education Office (52-E47) or call (805) 756-2328.Back to top