Cal Poly has launched a program, funded by your student success fees, that awards appointments for Graduate Assistant positions.Back to top
- Enable highly qualified students to join and remain at Cal Poly by providing financial support.
- Support teacher-scholar model by enabling students to do creative works that are either published or presented at an appropriate conference.
- Provide an experience that deepens the student’s mastery of his/her field of study through the learn-by-doing experience.
- You must have filed a Working Formal Study Plan with the Graduate Education office prior to application being submitted. For incoming first time graduate students who are awarded positions, a Working Formal Study Plan must be filed by the end of their first quarter of enrollment.
- You should be enrolled as a full-time graduate student (8 units) for each quarter you receive funds.
- Students receiving funds must maintain a Cal Poly GPA of 3.0 or greater for all quarters they receive funds.
- BMS (Blended Master’s) students are not eligible until they reach 180 degree applicable units and submit their PBCO (Post Baccalaureate Change of Objective) form, thereby transitioning to graduate status.
- Appointments are limited to a maximum of three quarters in any one academic year.
- Yearly appointments are for a monthly stipend position in your program, hired by Graduate Education, corresponding to 8 research hours a week.
- Certificate and Credential Programs are not eligible.
- Students in sefl-support programs are not eligible.
- Complete the attached form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach an up to date resume with your application.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your graduate coordinator.