MS Polymers and Coatings Science
The MS in Polymers and Coatings Science offers a unique program that is closely tied to industry. Students gain academic preparation in polymers and coatings science through lecture and laboratory courses, and then undertake rigorous industrial research toward their culminating experience. The program is designed to prepare students for challenging careers in the polymers and coatings industry. The program also provides excellent background for doctoral studies in areas related to polymer and coatings science. This program is unique in California and graduates are prepared to join polymer and coating related industries and be immediately productive. The program has an excellent record in career placement of graduates immediately upon completion of their degrees.
- Able to integrate and apply technical and conceptual knowledge.
- Develop a broad foundation in fundamental knowledge of polymers and coatings science. They are able to integrate knowledge of the diverse range of chemistry sub-disciplines as well as non-chemistry disciplines such as fluid flow, mechanics, and science of appearance, and apply it in their profession.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Utilize traditional and nontraditional thinking to define a problem, identify potential alternatives, gather appropriate knowledge and information to formulate and articulate a solution.
- Demonstrate an understanding and proficiency in research related to polymer and coating science.
- Able to think critically and be able to evaluate, design, and conduct research in the polymers and coatings field.
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner in both individual and team-based environments.
PCS MS graduates are prepared to join polymer and coating related industries or advanced graduate programs and be immediately productive. The program has an excellent record in career placement of graduates immediately upon completion of their degrees.Back to top
|Units to Degree Completion||45|
|Culminating Event||Thesis or Project|
|Letters of Recommendation||3|
Interested in this program? Have a question? Use this form to contact us.Back to top