Professional Certificate in Packaging Value Chain
This certificate provides students with an introduction to the value proposition in the global packaging industry, essential codes of practice as well as marketing and sales concepts.
|GSP 530||Packaging Value Chain*||2|
|GSP 533||Advanced Packaging Laws & Regulations||3|
|GSP 539||Marketing & Sales for Packaged Product||4|
* Students interested in the Packaging Value Chain Certificate must take GSP 530 during Fall 2017.
GSP 530 - Packaging Value Chain
Packaging value chain from raw material supplier to retailers in the context of meeting current needs within the packaging arena. Global exploration of value chain strategies to increase innovation, sustainability, cost savings, quality, organizational agility, and responsiveness.
GSP 533 - Advanced Packaging Laws & Regulations
Overview of packaging laws and regulations. Content ranges from FDA, USDA, FTC, and EPA concepts, to labeling and structural issues such as bio-terror, product security and environmental packaging to materials issues, litigation, international concepts and intellectual property issues.
GSP 539 - Marketing & Sales for Packaged Product
Packaging as a means to increase sales of product. Package design, structure, materials and production costs. Exploration of color, imagery, sustainability, and recent trends.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in packaging or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all course work
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units
- Completion of at least two college level courses in physics, chemistry (including organic chemistry), and statistics
- Completion of at least one college level course in calculus
- Applicants whose native language is not English must have taken TOEFL within the last two years with a minimum score of 550 (paper version) and 213 (computerized version) or 80 (internet based). The TOEFL requirement is waived for certain applicants; see http://admissions.calpoly.edu/applicants/international/toefl_ielts.html for details.
Interested in this program? Have a question? Use this form to contact us.