Cal Poly has launched a program, funded by your student success fees, that awards appointments for Graduate Assistant positions.
- Enable highly qualified students to join and remain at Cal Poly by providing financial support.
- Support teacher-scholar model by enabling students to do creative works that are either published or presented at an appropriate conference.
- Provide an experience that deepens the student’s mastery of his/her field of study through the learn-by-doing experience.
- You must have filed a Working Formal Study Plan with the Graduate Education office prior to application being submitted. For incoming first time graduate students who are awarded positions, a Working Formal Study Plan must be filed by the end of their first quarter of enrollment.
- You should be enrolled as a full-time graduate student (8 units) for each quarter you receive funds.
- Students receiving funds must maintain a Cal Poly GPA of 3.0 or greater for all quarters they receive funds.
- BMS (Blended Master’s) students are not eligible until they reach 180 degree applicable units and submit their PBCO (Post Baccalaureate Change of Objective) form, thereby transitioning to graduate status.
- Appointments are limited to a maximum of three quarters in any one academic year.
- Yearly appointments are for a monthly stipend position in your program, hired by Graduate Education, corresponding to 8 research hours a week.
- Certificate and Credential Programs are not eligible.
- Students in self-support programs are not eligible.
The deadline for the first round for Graduate Assistant applications will be March 1, 2020. The deadline for the second round for Graduate Assistant applications will be June 1, 2020.
You will only apply one time, and your application will automatically move to the second round if you are not selected for a Graduate Assistant position during the first round of review.