Graduate Assistant Fellowships
2022-2023 Academic Year
Cal Poly has launched a program, funded by Student Success Fees, that awards fellowships for Graduate Assistant opportunities.
- Provide funded research, scholarship and creative activity opportunities that enable highly qualified students to enhance their academic experience at Cal Poly.
- Support teacher-scholar model by enabling students to participate in faculty-led professionally and academically relevant projects that result in publications, conference presentations, and/or similar outcomes.
- Provide an experience that deepens the mastery of the field of study through the Learn by Doing experience.
- Students must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or greater for all quarters they receive funds, and students must have filed a Working Formal Study Plan with the Graduate Education Office prior to submitting an application. For incoming graduate students who are awarded a fellowship, a Working Formal Study Plan must be filed by the end of their first quarter of enrollment.
- Students should be enrolled as a full-time graduate student (8 units) for each quarter of receiving funds.
- BMS (Blended Master’s) students are not eligible until they have submitted their PBCO (Post Baccalaureate Change of Objective) form, thereby transitioning to graduate status.
- Fellowships are limited to a maximum of three quarters in any one academic year, subject to academic standing, authentic progress toward academic goals and full participation in the learning experience.
- Fellowships are a quarterly stipend, corresponding to roughly 8 hours a week of participation in fellowship activities.
- Certificate and Credential Programs are not eligible.
Deadlines and Application Process
First Round Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
First Round Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
You will only apply one time, and your application will automatically move to the second round if you are not selected for a Graduate Assistant Fellowship during the first round of review.