Graduate Conference Award
The Graduate Conference Award provides financial support for a graduate student who is presenting their thesis/research or attending a professional conference. For 2020-2021, this award can help support virtual conference registration fees. Preference is given to conferences where the applicant is an active participant, e.g., presenter, discussant, etc. Graduate students may apply for more than one conference award during the 2020-2021 cycle as funds are available; preference will be given to the first-time applicants. Awards will be made based on available funds.
Due to CSU travel restrictions, for AY 2020-2021, this award can only support participation in virtual conferences.
1. Student must be at graduate standing, in good standing (3.0 or higher GPA), and be enrolled in at least one course at Cal Poly.
2. The conference must occur before graduation from the Master’s program.
3. Student will upload Conference Registration Confirmation to the application showing payment.
4. Conference Registration cost may be approved up to $500.
5. Once awarded by our office and notified by email, an award will be processed by the Financial Aid Office. The award amount posted to the Student Account will be applied to account balances, if there are any, prior to being disbursed to the student. Processing can take up to 3 weeks once approved by the Graduate Education office, regardless of Conference Registration deadline. Award can only be made to the student attending the conference, providing payment confirmation by the student.