Graduate Presentation Award
The Graduate Presentation Award provides financial support for a graduate student who is presenting their thesis or research at a professional conference. This award is to help support conference registration fees, airfare or lodging costs of up to $500 per student per academic year. The student must be enrolled in at least 1 course at Cal Poly at the time of application. Travel must occur within the same academic year as the application is submitted.
Students who have graduated by the time of travel are not eligible for the award.
- Student must be at graduate standing and enrolled in at least one course at Cal Poly.
- For domestic conferences only, not international.
- Must be listed as an author on the paper/poster to be presented (not for just attending the conferrence); submit abstract.
- Travel covered: airfare, hotel, conference registration (no auto mileage or food).
- Once awarded, reimbursement will be coordinated between the student and the program/department. Students will need to work with their program/department before travel to make sure that reimbursement requirements are met.
- An email approval from the faculty thesis adviser is to be included in the application to be considered for the award.
To apply for the Graduate Presentation Award send an email to email@example.com including:
- An email from the faculty thesis advisor
- Attach your abstract
- Empl ID
- Program and Graduate Coordinator
- Name and dates of the conference
- Your planned graduation date
If you have any questions please call (805) 756-2328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.