Graduate Student Presentation Award
The Graduate Conference Award provides financial support for a graduate student who is presenting their thesis/research or attending a professional conference. For 2020-2021, this award can help support virtual conference registration fees. The student must be enrolled in at least 1 course at Cal Poly at the time of application and the conference attendance must occur before graduation from the Master's program. Preference is given to conferences where the applicant is an active participant, e.g., presented, discussant, etc. Graduate students may apply for more than one conference award during the 2020-2021 cycle as funds are available; preference will be given to the first-time applicants. Awards will be made based on available funds.
Due to CSU travel restrictions, for AY 2020-2021, this award can only support participation in virtual conferences.
1. Student must be at graduate standing and enrolled in at least one course at Cal Poly.
2. For virtual conferences only. Indicate conference name, date, link to web presence.
3. Indicate role (presenter, discussant, participant, attendee, etc). Include abstract if appropriate.
4. Conference registration for virtual participation covered, up to $500.
5. Once awarded by our office and notified by email, reimbursement will be coordinated after the conference between the student and their program/department. Students will need to work with their program/department before registering for the conference to make sure that reimbursement requirements are met.
To apply for the Graduate Presentation Award, email email@example.com at least 3 weeks before the start of the conference with the following:
- Attach information about conference (include link) and abstract if appropriate for role
- Empl ID
- Name and dates of the conference
- Your role at conference (presenter, discussant, participant, attendee, etc)
- Your planned graduation date
- Send copy of your email to faculty advisor and graduate coordinator
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.