Graduate Assistant Fellowships
Cal Poly has launched a program, funded by Student Success Fees, that awards fellowships for Graduate Assistant opportunities.
- Provide funded research, scholarship and creative activity opportunities that enable highly qualified students to enhance their academic experience at Cal Poly
- Support teacher-scholar model by enabling students to participate in faculty-led professionally and academically relevant projects that result in publications, conference presentations, and/or similar outcomes
- Provide an experience that deepens the mastery of the field of study through the Learn by Doing experience
- Fellowships are open to all masters students, regardless of documentation status
- Students must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or greater for all quarters they receive funds, and students must have completed a Working Formal Study Plan & Advancement to Candidacy the first quarter of enrollment.
- Students should be enrolled as a full-time graduate student (8 units) for each quarter of receiving funds
- BMS (Blended Master’s) students are not eligible until they have submitted their PBCO (Post Baccalaureate Change of Objective) form, thereby transitioning to graduate status
- Fellowships are limited to a maximum of three quarters in any one academic year, subject to academic standing, authentic progress toward academic goals and full participation in the learning experience
- Fellowships are a quarterly award distributed through Financial Aid, that are designed to enable graduate students to participate in roughly 8 hours a week in fellowship activities
- Certificate and Credential Programs are not eligible
Deadlines and Application Process
May 1st application review will begin, late applications will be reviewed if funds become available.