Graduate Conference Award
The Graduate Conference Award provides financial support for a graduate student who is presenting their thesis/research, project or attending a professional conference.
This award can help support virtual conference registration fees or face to face conference participation cost of attendance. Preference is given to applicants where the student is an active participant, e.g., presenter, discussant, etc.
Students may apply for funding for more than one conference award during the 2021-2022 cycle as funds are available; preference will be given to first-time applicants. Awards will be based on available funds.
CSU travel guidelines and restrictions will apply.
1. Student must be at graduate standing, in good standing (3.0 or higher GPA), and be enrolled in at least one course at Cal Poly.
2. The conference must occur before graduation from the Master’s program.
3. Student will upload registration confirmation to the application showing payment or, based on pre-approval, can provide registration confirmation by email after the award is approved.
4. Conference Registration cost may be approved up to $500.
5. Once awarded by our office and notified by email, an award will be processed by the Financial Aid Office. The award amount posted to the Student Account will be applied to account balances, if there are any, prior to being disbursed to the student. Processing can take up to 3 weeks once approved by the Graduate Education office, regardless of Conference Registration deadline. Award can only be made to the student attending the conference, providing payment confirmation by the student.
ApplyApply for the graduate conference award
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.