Steps to Graduation
PLEASE NOTE: All graduate students are responsible for ensuring that their graduate paperwork is completed and submitted to the Graduate Education Office. It is the duty of the student to verify that all required forms are on file with the Graduate Education Office and the Office of Evaluations.
- Blended Programs Application Approval Form (E-form)
- Postbaccalaureate Change of Objective (E-Form)
- Visit Blended Programs for more information
- Determine culminating experience: Thesis, Project, or Exam.
- Develop and complete a Working Formal Study Plan & Advancement to Candidacy.
- Identify members of evaluation committee (if required).
4. Working Formal Study Plan & Advancement to Candidacy
- Must be submitted by end of 1st quarter in the program.
- Must complete the Graduation Writing Requirement (GWR) before submission. Contact the Cal Poly Writing & Rhetoric Center directly for more information about the GWR.
- Must determine anticipated graduation date and culminating experience before submission.
5. Application for Graduation
6. Final Formal Study Plan
7. Culminating Experience
Master's Thesis Approval Form (E-Form),
Master's Project Approval Form (E-Form), and/or
Master's Exam Approval Form (E-Form)
Once you have completed your culminating experience. You must submit your form by the last day of the quarter in which you intend to graduate. Please reference Quarter Deadlines All Graduate Forms