Graduate Research Award
The Graduate Research Award provides financial support for a graduate student who is conducting original thesis or research project work. This award can help support graduate students defray the costs of research, potentially including, but not limited to minimal travel support (with approvals from departmental, college and campus offices), minor supply purchases not covered via existing lab sources, and participant recruitment costs. Graduate students may apply more than once during the academic year as funds are available; preference will be given to first-time applicants. Awards will be made based on available funds.
1. Student must be at graduate standing, in good standing (3.0 or higher GPA), and enrolled in at least one course at Cal Poly.
2. Applicant will upload a proposed budget to the application indicating specific purposes and estimated costs.
3. Applicant will upload a communication (email or letter) from the advisor/coordinator indicating that the project is ongoing and is operating under all relevant campus processes (e.g., research expansion protocols, human subjects review, animal subject protection, export compliance, etc.).
4. Research costs may be approved for up to $500.
5. Once awarded by our office and notified by email, an award will be processed by the Financial Aid Office. The award amount posted to the Student Account will be applied to account balances, if there are any, prior to being disbursed to the student. Processing can take up to 3 weeks once approved by the Graduate Education office.